Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Survey on Personal Boundaries

How many of these questions would you say "yes" to?

1.) I can't make up my mind.
2.) I have difficulty saying "no" to people.
3.) I feel as if my happiness depends on other people.
4.) It's hard for me to look a person in the eyes.
5.) I find myself getting involved with people who end up hurting me.
6.) I trust others.
7.) I would rather attend to others than attend to myself.
8.) People take or use my things without asking.
9.) I have difficulty asking for what I want or what I need.
10.) Some people I lend money to don't ever pay me back.
11.) I feel ashamed.
12.) I feel bad for being so "different" from other people.
13.) I feel anxious, scared or afraid.
14.) I spend my time and energy helping others so much that I neglect my own feelings and wants.
15.) I find myself getting involved with people who end up being bad for me.
15.) I feel as if my happiness depends on circumstances outside of me.
16.) I tend to take on the moods of people close to me.
17.) I am overly sensitive to criticism.
18.) I tend to get caught up in the middle of other people's problems.
19.) I feel responsible for other people's feelings.
20.) I put more into relationships than I get out of them.

*Source: Boundaries and Relationships by Charles Whitfield

No comments: